Monday, September 1, 2008

What are you lookin at?

***Update: Well, this post was written on my Treo and apparently when you choose "save", it posts your unfinished ramblings and e-mails everyone! I have since updated and corrected my late night grammar and spelling mistakes.***

It is that time of the year again, season premiers of all your favorite tv shows. I don't watch much tv, that is to say I don't keep up on specific shows. Never have. My tv is typically on ESPN or something like History or Discovery channels. Seems to me that sitcoms and drama's have been pretty dull compared to ten years ago.

I do however think that a few shows have proven worthy of tuning into, so here is a list of what I am looking forward to this fall (only counting major networks):

1) New Adventures of Old Christine - I was not a Seinfeld fan, and never really noticed Julia Louis Dreyfus before, but this show is Hi-Double-Arious. Wanda Sykes is brilliant with her dry wit, and the rest of the cast is spot on (including one of my favorites from the movie VanWilder, who plays "New Christine"). Watching Dreyfus shimmie shake her shoulders in an effort to be sexy at the supermarket and attract a man is very amusing.

2) Big Bang Theory - In the age where geek is chic, this one really amuses me. Last year I was hooked when Sheldon dressed as the Doppler Effect for Halloween. Plus, I love any show that works in a bit about Schrodinger's cat (Quantum Physics theory about a cat that is simultaneously alive and dead). Is this show dead or alive? Guess we will have to look to find out!

3) How I met your mother - Neil Patrick Harris (of Doogie Howser fame) is so funny as Barney, the morally challenged "wing man" who loves to "suit up" and hit the bar. The show is based on a father recalling the days of his youth to his children, leading up to of course how he met their mother. Have we already meet the mother, or is she being saved for the series finale? A group of 20 something friends gather at their favorite watering hole and hi jinks ensue. Good stuff.

No comments: